Looking for more information about
Thurston County, Washington?
Check out the 31st Edition of The Profile.
Complete 2013 Profile [pdf 7.5 MB]
Stats-at-a-glance [pdf 500 KB]
- Statistical Profiles: One page statistical profiles for the county, cities, and tribes.
- History and Geography: Geography, weather, and history.
- Population and Demographics: Population trends and projections, components of population growth, demographic characteristics, including racial and ethnic distribution, age distribution, disability status, language spoken at home, and family structure.
- Housing and Real Estate: Dwelling unit estimates, housing starts, subdivision activity, housing sales, average rent, vacancy rates, and housing affordability.
- Employment: Employment trends, wages by sector, unemployment rates, and employment projections.
- Economics: Income and poverty statistics, taxable retail sales, Consumer Price Index, Cost of Living Index, international trade, and agriculture.
- Education: Public and private primary and secondary education, higher education, and educational attainment.
- Transportation: Vehicle ownership statistics, commuting trends, including miles traveled and travel time, transit service, and freight data.
- Environment and Natural Resources: Land cover and urbanization trends, forest harvest activity, land in tax protection programs, park and public lands, solid waste and wastewater management, and water and air quality.
- Governance and Social Services: Local and tribal governance, law enforcement, fire protection, and other social services.
This could be the last print edition of the Profile.
Learn about potential changes to the Profile and take a Profile user survey here.