Looking for more information about
Thurston County, Washington?
Check out the 30th Edition of The Profile.
Complete 2013 Profile [pdf 7.5 MB]
Stats-at-a-glance [pdf 500 KB]
- Statistical Profiles: One page statistical profiles for the county, cities, and tribes.
- History and Geography: Geography, weather, and history.
- Population and Demographics: Population trends and projections, components of population growth, demographic characteristics, including racial and ethnic distribution, age distribution, disability status, language spoken at home, and family structure.
- Housing and Real Estate: Dwelling unit estimates, housing starts, subdivision activity, housing sales, average rent, vacancy rates, and housing affordability.
- Employment: Employment trends, wages by sector, unemployment rates, and employment projections.
- Economics: Income and poverty statistics, taxable retail sales, Consumer Price Index, Cost of Living Index, international trade, and agriculture.
- Education: Public and private primary and secondary education, higher education, and educational attainment.
- Transportation: Vehicle ownership statistics, commuting trends, including miles traveled and travel time, transit service, and freight data.
- Environment and Natural Resources: Land cover and urbanization trends, forest harvest activity, land in tax protection programs, park and public lands, solid waste and wastewater management, and water and air quality.
- Governance and Social Services: Local and tribal governance, law enforcement, fire protection, and other social services.