TRPC conducted a communitywide online survey to collect information from trail users to help inform the update to the Thurston Regional Trails Plan. The survey ran from February 1 through March 12, 2021. The survey included 14 questions that asked about:
- What people value about trails
- How people use trails and their convenience of access
- Peoples’ sense of safety and security using trails
- Planning priorities and investments
- Community engagement preferences for participating in the plan update
The survey was promoted through social media, email, and signs placed on trails. Over 1,200 people participated in the survey. This page provides a general summary of the survey results. A detailed summary of the results is contained in the Thurston Regional Trails Plan Survey Summary.