Do you want to help shape the next steps for climate action in the Thurston Region? TRPC is now accepting applications for membership to the Thurston Climate Advisory Workgroup, which will act as a community stakeholder committee to support implementation of the Thurston Climate Mitigation Plan.
This workgroup will have 15 members who are responsible for reviewing annual progress toward climate goals, making recommendations for annual regional climate priorities, and advising the Climate Action Steering Committee on other topics related to climate work. The group will meet up to six times annually either virtually or in-person at Thurston Regional Planning Council. Meeting times and dates will be chosen after recruitment ends.
Terms last three years (youth can serve shorter terms) and members have the option to request compensation of $50/meeting unless they are being paid by their employer to attend meetings.
Who can get involved?
Anyone is welcome to apply. Priority will be given to applicants with the following expertise, whether through life experience, interest, education, or work experience. The workgroup welcomes members with diverse backgrounds who are interested in but have little to no experience in climate issues.
Priority Expertise Areas (formal education or work experience not required):
- Climate mitigation, environment, growth management, or community design advocates
- Environmental justice advocates or community members disproportionately affected by climate change, including people of color and people of low-income
- Local government agencies and utilities
- Residential or commercial developers, builders, realtors, property owners, or managers
- Nonprofit housing providers
- Tribal member – application not required, please contact email@example.com
- Youth (are you under the age of 18?)
Apply online or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (360) 956-7575 for translations, paper copies, or questions. Applications will be accepted until June 1, 2022. Please visit www.trpc.org/climate for more information.
We are excited to keep you informed about this latest phase of climate action planning, and will continue to use this newsletter to provide occasional updates on the region’s work. As always, we welcome your feedback! If you have questions or comments, please reach out to email@example.com.