The Climate Action Steering Committee will next meet August 22.
The Climate Action Steering Committee meeting set for Monday, June 27, 2022, from 3- 5 pm is CANCELED. The committee will meet next on August 22, 2022.
The TCMP partners have completed their Progress Report covering climate mitigation-related activities from April-June 2022. Here are a few highlights of the work underway in the past few months:
- Thurston County received federal approval of its Habitat Conservation Plan (Action A7.3), and has a public hearing scheduled on July 26th at 3:30 pm to update some of the provisions of the C-PACER program. (Strategy B2)
- Lacey has updated some of its zoning designations to promote infill development. (Action T1.1)
- Olympia received SolSmart Gold designation recognizing its process for permitting solar installations. (Action B5.5)
- Tumwater is incorporating climate mitigation strategies into its Operations & Maintenance Building Facility Plan (Action B4.4) and is moving ahead with an LED lighting conversion project (Action B2.3).
- TRPC is in the process of developing emission inventories for 2020 and 2021 that will help track our region’s carbon footprint. (Action G4.1)
Thank you for your interest in the Thurston Climate Mitigation Plan and for signing up for climate mitigation plan updates. We are excited to inform you about progress on Thurston County, Lacey, Olympia, and Tumwater’s strategy to reduce local contributions to climate change.
As always, we welcome your feedback! If you have questions or comments, please reach out to email@example.com.