The Council has several standing subcommittees that are appointed annually, biannually, or as needed. They include:
Work Program Subcommittee (annual)
- Review and make recommendations on annual work program to Council
Executive Director Evaluation Subcommittee (annual)
- Establish performance milestones and develop evaluation recommendations to Council
Bylaws Subcommittee (biannual in even years)
- Review and make recommendations on bylaws to Council
Council Retreat Subcommittee (biannual in odd years)
- Plan the semi-annual retreat
Urban Growth Management Subcommittee (as needed)
- Consists of representatives from the cities, towns, and county.
- Review and make a recommendation to the County Commissioners on changes to the Urban Growth Area Boundary
- Review and make a recommendation to the County Commissioners on revisions to the County Wide Planning Policies.